Mike Posner recently joined Ronan Levy for an episode on the podcast series, The Field Tripping Podcast, to discuss his career in the music industry, how signing a deal with RCA changed his life, what prompted him to begin his spiritual journey, and the importance of mental health in the music industry. Now available to listen on Apple Podcasts and Spotify, or watch their full conversation in the video below!
Mike Posner On The Music Industry’s Mental Health Crisis & His Spiritual Journey
In a world of egos and icons that is much of the music industry, it’s admirable to find some influential artists openly discussing mental health.
Mike Posner is a Grammy-nominated singer, songwriter, poet, and record producer, famous for his breakout record ‘Cooler Than Me’ and his hit track ‘I Took A Pill In Ibiza.’
Mike isn’t shy about speaking out on the importance of mental health. He has incorporated many wellness practices into his everyday life, including the Wim Hof breathing method, of which he is a certified instructor.
Today, Mike joins Ronan to discuss his career in the music industry, how signing a deal with RCA changed his life, what prompted him to begin his spiritual journey and the importance of mental health in the music industry. Tune in to learn more!
Mike also shares how climbing Mount Everest in 2021 shifted his perspective on life, what happened after he got bitten by a rattlesnake in Colorado, and more.
The Field Tripping Podcast
- Mike Posner on the music industry’s mental health crisis & his spiritual journey.
- Mike’s background and why he decided to become a musician.
- How Mike’s signing with RCA changed the trajectory of his life.
- Shelved albums and getting better at music.
- How do you account for success in music?
- Mike’s views on the secret to success in entrepreneurship.
- The best decision Mike ever made.
- How climbing Everest in 2021 changed Mike’s life.
- How to grapple with your “why.”